Atria Wealth Solutions2010–Present
Reports to the Senior Vice President of Software Development and entrusted to work with managers, stakeholders, and developers researching user needs, informing technical and UI designs, and executing on those designs, with a focus on strong front-end design and development practices. As a senior developer, this position requires complete ownership of designated areas of responsibility including the ongoing design, development, testing, release, maintenance, upgrades, stability, and availability of all front-end systems owned by the Atria engineering team while working remotely.
- Implemented and retained the design, development, and maintenance of the Angular app, Sass-based stylesheets, and Haml-based view templates while working closely with back-end Rails/PostgreSQL team to negotiate, infulence the design of, and implement elegant APIs for front end consumption.
- When tasked with a time-constrained, short-staffed project, effectively deployed emotional intelligence during planning and development, ensuring stress levels of staff were manageable; the project was successfully completed on time.
- Responsible for daily communications regarding changes and bug-fixes made to the application for executives, fellow developers, testers, and managers during the QA and User Acceptance Testing of the developed product.
- Created a single-page app built with Angular 7, Highcharts, and Sass; bundled with Angular CLI and was recognized and given an innovation award for leading technical design and development. Back-end built with Rails and PostgreSQL.
- Championed improvement of ongoing operations by contributing to sprint processes, user stories, visual designs, and code reviews; conducting end-user interviews; and writing well-crafted and well-tested code.
Hired to optimize operations and develop the branding front-end of Estately.com. Hired to optimize operations and develop the branding front-end of Estately.com. Hands-on developer on a team composed of diverse programming talent, while concurrently providing insight, and steering direction of the future vision and ongoing development.
- Enhanced the design and implementations of A/B testing and conversion analysis with Google Analytics and SEO.
- Deployed the development and maintenance of front-end systems.
Additional Positions Held
Freelance Graphic Designer and Front-End Web Developer
Anne Gerdes Web Design – Web Designer(Prior to Earning Degree)
Created visual design mockups, authored HTML templates, and developed supporting stylesheets.
The Art Institute of Seattle
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design, 2008
HTML & CSS:HTML5, Haml, Jekyll, Pug, CSS3, Sass/SCSS, SMACSS.
Testing:Karma, Jest, Protractor, CircleCI, Code Climate, Honeybadger.
Build Tools:Angular CLI, webpack, Babel, Rollup, Browserify, gulp.
Tools:macOS, Git, GitHub, npm, Yarn, WebStorm, OpenAPI, Sauce Labs.